WordPress 4.2.3 came out on July 23, 2015. I normally don’t experience problems with my WordPress updates, but I certainly did this time around. I noticed when I tried to create a new post, the visual editor did not work. I wasn’t able to type anything into the visual editor portion of the blog entry.
This certainly was frustrating, so I spent about 30 minutes to an hour trying to figure out what was going on. After troubleshooting the issue, I realized that the problem probably had something to do with my plugins and not the upgrade itself.
Think of the majority of WordPress plugins out there as hack jobs, not many of them are coded well so you are literally throwing something foreign at your WordPress site that could potentially break it. Don’t get me wrong, I love plugins, I just don’t like the problems which could potentially stem from using them.
Since it seemed like the plugins were the root cause of my issue, I decided to disable each of them and then started to re-enable them one by one. The plugin that caused my visual editor problems was the following:
Soundcloud is Gold
I rarely ever use this plugin, so I was more than happy to disable it. I’ll probably delete the files all together for it. Once I disabled the plugin, visual editor started working again and the first thing I decided to type up was this blog entry.
I sure hope this saves some of you time. There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to type a blog entry when you’re unable to actually type the blog entry!
Join us in LA for the first Southern California Domainers Meetup of the year. I’ve been looking forward to hosting this meetup and now it will finally happen. For those of you that are out of town, this will be the perfect excuse for you to fly to Los Angeles and enjoy what the Southern California Domaining Community has to offer. If you haven’t witnessed it for yourself, make sure to do so!
The meetup date is tentatively set for July 24th @ 7:00 PM. More details will be announced about a venue and potential sponsors soon. There have been many changes in the domaining world since we had our last meetup and I can’t wait to discuss some of those changes with you! The meetup was announced yesterday and we already have 13 members who have RSVP’d!
To RSVP for the meetup, please do so here. Thanks!
The first two weeks of March have been awesome! There’s really no other way for me to describe it. We spent a few hours today tracking my little brother’s progress at the LA Marathon and I’m dead tired, so I’ll have to make this short.
1. I’ve definitely become a Cyber Security fanatic. I love everything about the field and am very fortunate to be working in what I consider one of my dream jobs. With that said, I’m now a Nexpose Certified Administrator and a Metasploit Pro Certified Specialist. I underwent two weeks of intense training and was able to pass both tests with flying colors!
One of my main goals this year was to obtain a few certifications and I was able to do just that. Next up will most likely be CCNA Routing and Switching. I’ve had my eye on this for quite some time and I feel the time is now right!
2. When it comes to LA, .COM runs the scene. I know there are some big supporters out there of .LA, but I honestly don’t see many of those names out here. The trump card for .COM is the fact that the LA Marathon is using LAMarathon.com and not Marathon.LA. Would you blame them? After all, it is the LA Marathon and not the Marathon LA. 😉 Until branding like this changes, I won’t be registering any .LA domains.
3. It feels like Summer started early out here in Los Angeles. I wouldn’t have it any other way. It has been extremely hot lately and I like that. It makes me want to get out of the house more. The finish line for the LA Marathon was on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. Fortunately today, it wasn’t too hot and everyone, including the runners, were able to stomach through the heat.
4. I’m wrapping up a small project for an old web development customer of mine. After that, it is back to focusing on my new company. For those of you who started a new LLC in California this year, make sure you file your Statement Of Information as soon as you can. After 90 days the penalty fees start kicking in!
5. I will be wire framing a number of sites for my new company in the next few weeks. Then I will be designing those sites. I really can’t wait to launch a few to show you. Although my company is new, I’ve been working on it for years!
That’s all for now, I wanted to make sure that those of you who read this blog realized that I’ve just been a little busy! The list has died down a bit, but I am sure I will revive it soon. I sure hope all of you had an incredible weekend!
I’ll end this blog entry with a picture of my little brother accomplishing his LA Marathon goal. I snapped this around 10 – 15 minutes away from the finish line. His legs were cramping up through the race and he was able to get through it! How is that for motivation?