I heard about the Water School a few years ago and immediately felt that this was one of those charities I wanted to support. As with anything, the hustle and bustle of daily life interfered and procrastination set in. Well I am no longer procrastinating and felt now was the time to do something to help promote the efforts of this charity. Morgan had a great idea yesterday about donating your background to the water school.
I know a few of us with WordPress sites want to donate our backgrounds to the Water School, but there might be a bit of a technical issue on how to move forward with this. Instead of jumping into your theme’s css file, I want to show you how I ended up donating my background without touching any code. Hopefully this helps those of you who might of tried to change your backgrounds, but were unable to do so. Here is what I did to change my background:
1. First I downloaded the background image from Morgan’s blog.
2. I logged into my blog’s administration panel.
3. I clicked on Themes, which is located under Appearance in the left column.
4. I clicked on the customize option which was located under the current theme (Simplo) that I am using.
5. From there I clicked on the Background Image drop down, uploaded the background image I downloaded, selected background repeat tile and left the other options alone.
6. After that, I clicked saved.
In theory this should only take a few minutes to do, but as with anything some WordPress themes might pose a problem. If you want to join us in donating your background and the instructions above don’t work for you, feel free to contact me and I’ll do what I can to help.
Leave a comment
- Alvin on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Jason Thompson on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Matt on One Of My Favorite Domaining Blogs Returns: DotWeekly.com
- viqi on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Adi Weitzman on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers