Associate-O-Matic is my go-to script for creating Amazon affiliate stores. I’ve learned a great deal about this script and feel there are a few tips that are important to share with you. Recently I sold two of my sites running Associate-O-Matic and before transferring the sites over to the buyer I wanted to reset the username and password. Unfortunately in order to reset the account information via the admin panel I needed to know the current username and password.
I did not have that information readily available, so I reset the account information the manual way.
In order to reset the password for Associate-O-Matic I had to do the following:
1. I ftp’d into the applicable hosting accounts.
2. Deleted cfg.login.php from the /aom/ directory.
3. After the file was deleted I navigated to the Associate-O-Matic administration panel in my browser and was prompted to setup a new username and password.
This allowed me to setup a new username and password.
If you have the username and password for Associate-O-Matic, then you can simply log into the admin panel and click on the reset login button. This will do the same thing as the steps listed above.
Leave a comment
- Alvin on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Jason Thompson on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Matt on One Of My Favorite Domaining Blogs Returns: DotWeekly.com
- viqi on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Adi Weitzman on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers