According to the Daily Dot, a new copyright enforcement system will be launched here in the United States next week. The system will penalize copyright violators by slowing their Internet connection and force them to take educational courses. A source told Daily Dot that five Internet service providers will start implementing this system as early as Monday. The providers are AT&T, Cablevision, Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon.
An official launch date has not been provided as of yet, but the Copyright Alert System (CAS) has created a new website which provides information about the new enforcement system. Here is a promotional video which explains the system:
Leave a comment
- Jason Thompson on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Matt on One Of My Favorite Domaining Blogs Returns: DotWeekly.com
- viqi on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Adi Weitzman on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- AbdulBasit Makrani on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers