I’m a little delayed with the list today, but I had other things which took precedence this morning. Last night we watched Shark Tank and let’s just say I am addicted to that show. Who would of thought a show like this would of actually become as popular as it is today. I think deep down everyone wants to be an entrepreneur and this show is giving those a chance that might not of had one otherwise. It’s pretty interesting to see what the Sharks invest in.
I also enjoy learning about the new products and businesses people have created. There is always something new on the show and it really sparks the entrepreneurial spirit that I believe everyone has.
Alright now for the list!
There are two solid tax attorney names in today’s list. Other than that you have to use your imagination. My favorite name in the list today is ClearanceShoes.com. This is a common term used in the retail industry. Since that is the case I can see there being quite a few bidders on this auction today. The bid price is only at $141, but it will most likely jump as the auction draws to a close.
Here is the list for today!
If you like pet domains, there is a batch of dog training domains in today’s list. One of the main reasons why I like compiling these lists on a daily basis is the fact that you can identify patterns. The dog training domains are a great example of a batch of decent domains being dropped by the same person. I wouldn’t of noticed this pattern if I hadn’t browsed through all of the domains with bids on them at GoDaddy. It really does help to squeeze in a little time a day looking at what other people are bidding on.
I’m also up early because I’m going to get an early work out in. There is nothing like starting your day off in such a productive way. I have three main action items that I want to complete today so I am doing my best to start the day off as early as possible to make sure I accomplish them. Once I get those main items out of the way, then I can relax a bit. My weekend starts now and I’m looking forward to enjoying it.
Here is the list for today:
With all the hype circulating Twitter I decided not to invest in it. Today I did a bit of trading a sold a little piece of Tesla to increase my shares in Cisco. I’ve said it before, the stock market and the domain market are quite similar. The only problem with domains is you don’t always have a buyer on the other side to sell to. The risk is also higher, but the returns are better. Day Traders would probably call the majority of us bag holders, because they can’t necessarily relate to holding onto an asset long-term. Most of us are long on the domain market and only the future can really tell us if this was the right move. Has the money already been made in domaining or do investors still have a chance in the future to reap the benefits that those have reaped in the past? Who knows, it is a risk we all take and in the end you should never invest more than you can afford to lose!
Here are the names for today!
If you are in buying mode, then the list will be perfect for you today. This is one of those days, where if you have a little free cash you might want to grab a couple of strong keyword domains. These days don’t happen all the time, so make sure to pick and choose wisely. Hopefully I can help make this process a little easier for you. There were so many .com domains available that I decided not to post any other domain extensions. I might scan through the other extensions a little later and see if there is anything worth bidding on.
Enjoy the list and happy bidding!
Today’s list is brought to you by…just kidding. This has been a wonderful start to the week. Yesterday, we visited a dog we might adopt. My girlfriend wants to call him whiskey. This dog is incredibly cute and very friendly. He is only 7 months old. Hopefully we can end up adopting him by the end of the week.
The domains today are interesting. If I were to sink some money into the domain market today it would definitely be spent on WebDevelopmentQuote.com. This domain could easily be used for a lead generation site. I will be contemplating hard on if I want to participate in this auction today.
Well that is it for now! Enjoy the list!
Sundays are a good day to pick up some quality domains. In the past I have noticed that there are less people filtering through the auctions and resulting in less competition. Today’s list is a strong one. One of the best names in the list is Cakes.me. This name sounds like a bakery in the making. Consider yourself lucky if you get this domain for under $100.
Today I will be researching the various conferences that are out there. My goal is to start going to more webhosting / datacenter conferences. I will also be looking to sponsor a few events once NameOrange is complete. The design is coming together well and I can’t wait to launch this area of my business.
I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! Enjoy the auction list and good luck!
I’m still getting adjusted to pacific standard time again and will have to start waking up a little earlier to publish the list. Here is the list for today! Better late than never.
This blog has really become a part of my life. It is an outlet to share the experiences that I have accumulated over the last few years, whether they be good or bad. If I were to rank myself on the domaining scale I would say that I am now an amateur domain investor. I can call myself an amateur domain investor because I have worked at this long enough to identify assets which are worthy of investing in. I’ve had my fair share of flips but now am concentrating on development. One of these days I will make it to the pro ranks, but in order to become a professional domain investor much more time needs to be spent researching prospective end-users.
Since it is my weekend and I spent the majority of the day watching the stock market I had the chance to let my mind run wild with thoughts. Here are a few things I’ve been thinking about lately:
1. I’ve been harsh on the new gTLDs. I am going to ease up on them as they will be breathing new air into this industry. Regardless if these new gTLDs were meant for us or not, they are coming. I am happy to see that calculated risks are being taken and instead of being a bear I am a bull. I’m not necessarily a bull on the gTLD market, I am a bull on the domain investment landscape.
2. I’m turning 33 in December and am really starting to explore the notion of working for myself full-time again. Yes, I enjoy my job. I enjoy almost everything about it. The only problem is I know I could be spending my time working on my own business which would be much more fulfilling. There comes a day when you simply have to cut yourself off from the comforts that you are used to. I am now in a position to take this risk. At this time I am researching office space as I am more productive when I work outside of my home. I am also coming up with a budget for myself to properly plan to work for myself full-time again.
3. There are a plethora of new Domain Conferences coming to this industry and I feel they were needed. Although it doesn’t look like I will be able to attend NamesCon, I will be in Las Vegas for Affiliate Summit. I’m happy to see Richard Lau putting his money where his mouth is and taking such a calculated risk. I’ve had the chance to hang out with Richard on a couple of occasions and I’m sure he will make NamesCon a success.
4. Troy Rushton announced another conference called DomainsCon. Since this conference is occurring in May I might actually be able to attend this one. I just tried to visit the site for DomainsCon, but it seems to be redirecting me to a parking page. I sure hope that this conference ends up happening as I really do feel we need it.
5. One of Theo’s latest articles made me sign up for Domain Name Sales. If you haven’t read it, please do. He really does a great job of describing a five figure sale that he made using the Domain Name Sales platform. I look forward to trying out the service as I have heard nothing but good things about it. Also, Theo will be buying me drinks next time I see him.
6. Shane’s a good guy that I tend to bump heads with every now and then. I’m glad he is around and am also glad to say he is a friend. He may not know it, but even at his age he motivates me to blog more. The guy has a unique way of writing that simply draws you to his blog. The fact that he owns a business and manages to still be a domain investor really intrigues me.
7. For some reason I think there might be a few people returning to the domain investment scene. Regardless of how you may feel about them I feel ChefPatrick and Rick Latona were interesting personalities. I remember the days of reading both of their blogs almost on a daily basis. They added a completely different element to the domaining industry that I have yet to see anyone else do.
8. Domaining.com or one of the major domaining forums out there should really think about creating a conference. I’ve always wondered why in the world they haven’t done this as of yet. I could see myself attending a conference which was put on by NamePros. I mean it worked in the hosting industry? HostingCon was litterally created by the same people who own and operate WebHostingTalk.com.
9. Kevin Faler and George Verdugo are doing some amazing things. They are not only friends of mine, but they are also proving that you can develop a name on extensions other than .com and generate business from it. Kevin Faler owns and operates investigations.la. He’s been generating leads from the site and has made me a believer in the .la extension. Do I see myself acquiring any .la domains in the near future? Probably not, but it is nice to know that if you develop the name it can be a good alternative to .com.
10. Robbie and Raymond are two of the best bloggers we have in the industry today. I’m really glad to see them taking domain blogging to a whole new level. Raymond is one of the most consistent writers and Robbie tends to write like a journalist. One of these days I would like to see these guys combine forces and create an entirely new domain news resource. I think between the two of them they could actually pull it off.
11. When my Dad passed away Elliot reached out to me in a private email. I am bringing this up because he is one of the most positive people I have met in this industry. This goes to show that at the end of the day it isn’t always about the business side of things. He showed support and is definitely someone I consider a friend.
I’m sure I could keep expanding on this list, but 11 bullet points is enough for now. After all it is my weekend and I’m looking forward to enjoying the rest of it. On a side note I ran into Seth while heading home after having breakfast in El Segundo today. I forgot he had had moved to Los Angeles. I’m definitely looking forward to hanging out with him and catching up. Until next time!
Today’s list contains a couple of nice brandable domains. There are a total of 42 names in the list and you might see a few you want to bid on. Hopefully some of these names will make a nice addition to your portfolio.
Yesterday was an interesting day because I planned to invest in Twitter. I was going to take a small short position, but the stock ended up opening up a lot higher than what it IPO’d at. Since that was the case I decided to change the plan. Twitter is now at $43.29 and I feel sorry for some of the retail investors who were left holding the bag. I honestly feel that this stock will continue to slip in the next few days. It might actually dive right back toward the original IPO price.
Whatever happens, I don’t plan on investing in it for a while. It’s one of those hype plays which will continue to be volatile until it stabilizes. Although I like Twitter, I don’t necessarily like that they won’t be turning a profit anytime soon. Now that they have hit the secondary market, it will be interesting to see what ends up happening with them. Congratulations to the Twitter team and to the early investors. I am sure a number of them made out like bandits.
Here is the list for today! Enjoy!
- Konstantinos Zournas on Should You Be Planning for Self-Employment?
- Aaron Strong on My GoDaddy Domain Name Aftermarket List 12-8-2013
- AbdulBasit Makrani on My GoDaddy Domain Name Aftermarket List 12-8-2013
- Jason Thompson on My GoDaddy Domain Name Aftermarket List 12-8-2013
- AbdulBasit Makrani on My GoDaddy Domain Name Aftermarket List 12-8-2013
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers