On January 25th I posted a poll titled: “How Do You Feel People Perceive The Domain Name Industry?“. A total of 37 votes were placed with Negatively coming in as the top selection. Negatively received 13 votes and They Don’t Know We Exist came in second with 9 votes.
I had a feeling that Negatively would end up coming in first and They Don’t Know We Exist would be the second most popular selection. They Don’t Care came in third with 8 votes and Positively came in fourth with only 4 votes. Neutrally came in fifth with 3 votes. This poll was inspired by an article published by DomainIncite titled “It’s official: people hate the domain name industry“.
According to this poll the majority of us would probably agree with the article. I can’t really determine what will happen in the future, but I hope that more of us would vote for Positively if this poll were conducted two to three years from now. I would like to see the public opinion change towards this industry and it will definitely happen as long as we continue to move forward by educating end-users on the importance of a domain name.
Leave a comment
- Alvin on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Jason Thompson on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Matt on One Of My Favorite Domaining Blogs Returns: DotWeekly.com
- viqi on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Adi Weitzman on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers