I truly enjoyed this past week. On top of that the Los Angeles Clippers just picked up Chris Paul. I attempted to purchase season tickets but they have all been sold out. Can you believe that? This is one of the first times I have ever heard of season tickets for the Clippers ever being sold out. What a difference one trade makes.
1. I started using an FreshBooks.com for my billing and bookkeeping needs. I’ve never used a piece of bookkeeping software this simple before. I’m glad I went ahead and tried them out before I forked out a few bucks for Quickbooks.
2. I pretty much listed all of my domain names with Afternic with fixed prices. This is an experiment of mine. I am curious to see if any offers will be made within the next few weeks. Eventually I will change it up, removing some of the fixed prices from some of my domain name listings. My domains were listed with Sedo, but I figured it was time to give another site a chance. I’ll keep everyone up to date on this.
3. I’m in the market for a great music domain name. I thought I had found it in hiphopbeats.com, but the owner of the name hasn’t returned my inquiry. Since that was the case I went ahead and contacted the owners of hiphopbeat.com which would be the second best. A company by the name of Domainsource owns this name. I called them up and they quickly quoted me a price of $4500 which in my book is highly inflated. I didn’t bother to tell them I am a domainer. I’m the type of person that is straight and to the point. If you tell me a price then that is the price. I don’t have time to waste negotiating. It is a shame because if they had quoted me something a little more reasonable I would of purchased it right there and then.
4. I completed another affiliate site stiletto.net. I am very happy with the way it turned out. There are several more product domain names in my portfolio that I have yet to develop. I should have two or three more sites up by the morning. I have also thrown up a click bank affiliate product on stiletto.net. My main goal is to monetize the traffic these product sites receive by all means!
5. I’ve been reaching out to a few hotels in Sana Monica for the next Southern California Domainers meetup. Right now I am negotiating a space without a food or beverage minimum. Since this meetup will be held on a Monday I am playing the card that guests who arrive that would like to order drinks can do so at the bar. I have found out fast that hotels tend to make their money off of food and beverages. Luckily the fact that the meetup is on a Monday the hotel I was able to connect with is inching towards providing just a room. I’m keeping my fingers crossed because this location is an AWESOME one. We have 17 RSVPs so far, make sure to reserve your spot as this meetup might have to be capped due to space limitations.
6. Christmas is in seven days and my little nieces have already told me what they want. I will be sending one a Hollister gift card and the other a Barbie Bratz doll. Christmas is my favorite holiday season of the year. I plan on registering a few Christmas domain names in the near future to develop sites on. Many of you may not know this but my birthday is also on Christmas. This year I turn thirty one! I’ve been told that I just might be getting old. My response to that is I am more focused then I have ever been in life, so if this is what getting old does then I am looking forward to turning forty!
Since my birthday is coming up I am thinking about heading to Las Vegas to celebrate it. This will most likely occur a few days after my birthday. I would like to experience Las Vegas right after Christmas and bring in the New Year like I have never done before. It should be fun and there are some amazing deals out there. I can’t wait!
Leave a comment
- Alvin on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Jason Thompson on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Matt on One Of My Favorite Domaining Blogs Returns: DotWeekly.com
- viqi on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Adi Weitzman on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers