Update: If you plan on purchasing the GoDaddy Groupon please use my affiliate link.
The GoDaddy Groupon is one of the best that I have seen. Adam Strong reminded me of the deal in a comment on my blog in a previous post and I decided to go for it myself. With all of the hype surrounding the GoDaddy Groupon I felt it was important to shed a little light on the matter. The Groupon is a great one and we might not see anything like this in the near future, then again GoDaddy has been making it rain lately with savings so who knows.
Here are a few things you need to know about the GoDaddy Groupon Deal:
1. The deal has already expired in some cities. The GoDaddy Groupon deal expired in Birmingham last night.
2. The promotional value of the Groupon expires February 27th, 2012. So what exactly does this mean? As stated on the Groupon: The promotional value is the additional value beyond the amount paid, and it will expire on the expiration date above (unless prohibited by law). This wording is very tricky and there is a chance that the credit applied to your account, may revert back to the original face value of your Groupon if you don’t use it.
3. Now here is the fun part! The fine print states: Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 code per GoDaddy.com account. I say this is the fun part because I read about one individual not buying one, two, or even three GoDaddy Groupons but a total of forty $25 Groupons redeemable for $70 a piece! This person spent $1,000 to receive $2,800 worth of credit.
Here is a link to a comment made on a forum about this GoDaddy Groupon purchase. For those that rather read the comment here it states: F’in Awesome grabbed 40 of the $70 vouchers so far and will be using multiple accounts to grab as many as i can get my hands on. Many thanks for this post and the lists of cities to make it easier to rape GD
Apparently the person isn’t done purchasing vouchers as of yet. I’ll keep a close eye on this thread to see what ends up materializing.
4. You can use the GoDaddy Groupon and apply it towards the GoDaddy Discount Domain Club. That’s exactly what I ended up doing. I was also able to knock off 50% of the discount domain club membership by using the LKSRTLMENT discount code after my Groupon credit was applied to my account. This is what I like to call the perfect stack.
5. Although I haven’t tested it, some of the users who have purchased multiple vouchers are claiming that the credits can be used to purchase domains at GoDaddy auctions. If that’s the case and GoDaddy doesn’t care if someone registered one voucher or forty then that is one heck of a deal.
My advice is to proceed with caution if you decide to purchase multiple GodDaddy Groupons and make sure you use the voucher credit before February 27th, 2012. I would hate to hear some people missing out on one of the best deals that has come across in a long time.
Leave a comment
- Alvin on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Jason Thompson on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Matt on One Of My Favorite Domaining Blogs Returns: DotWeekly.com
- viqi on The Art Of Forgetting About Your Domain Portfolio
- Adi Weitzman on Poll Results: Are You Buying Or Selling?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Domain Development
- Domain News
- Press Release
- Southern California Domainers